Raytheon is granted new contracts for military | Business
Raytheon has been awarded a modification of over $97 million to an earlier Navy contract, and has also been awarded an Air Force contract of $497 million, earlier this year.
The Navy contract is a modification to an earlier award for 139 AIM-9X Block II All Up Round tactical missiles for the Korean and Saudi Arabian governments. At least 42 percent of the work will be conducted here in Tucson, with the remainder spread out across the United States. The Naval Air Systems Command at Patuxent River, MD is the contracting activity. Work is expected to be completed by 2014.
The Air Force contract is a new contract for missiles, instrumentation units, test equipment, guidance sections, hardware and contractor logistics support. The majority of the work will be conducted here at the Raytheon plant in Tucson. Work should be completed by 2015. Eglin Air Force Base, FL is the contracting activity.
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’