Military Affairs Committee thanks local businesses for supporting D-M Open House | Business
Davis-Monthan Air Force Base hosted the “Thunder and Lightning over Arizona” Open House this weekend. It was a wonderful opportunity for the community to come and not only support Davis-Monthan but to see their amazing displays…all of which contribute to our freedoms.
The Show drew approximately 130,000 spectators and brought close to 300 visitors with their planes, jets and displays.
The Tucson Metro Chamber’s Military Affairs Committee offered our assistance in ensuring the performers were welcome and supported during their visit to Tucson.
Many local organizations and businesses jumped to the cause.
We want to publicly thank the following for providing, on their own, breakfast, lunch and welcome amenities for the Thunder and Lightning over Arizona performers.
- Radisson Suites Tucson
- Chick-fil-A at El Con Mall
- Casino Del Sol
- 390th Memorial Museum
- Air Force Association
- Metropolitan Tucson Visitors Bureau
- Tucson Sports
- Tucson Metro Chamber
- Doubletree by Hilton Tucson – Reid Park
- Carnival of Illusion
- Mama Louisa’s Italian Restaurant
- American Red Cross, Southern Arizona Chapter
- Tucson Padres
- Nico’s Taco Shop - Golf Links
- Desert Museum
Major Gabe Avilla, on the Open House team, offered a note of thank you for the support given.
“All of the feedback from the performers was that our efforts from the local Tucson community were first-class in making them feel welcome, and D-M will be a place they will be happy to visit again thanks to your hard work and effort. We set the tone of professionalism that will have long lasting impressions on the performers.”
On behalf of the Military Affairs Committee, we want to express our gratitude to all the Tucson businesses and organizations for your contributions and ensuring a successful Open House for DMAFB and Tucson.
Upcoming Events near Davis-Monthan AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend