Purple Heart recipient speaks to Sonoran Science Academy at D-M | Community Spirit
Staff and students at SSA Davis-Monthan were honored to have Purple Heart recipient Master Sergeant Angela Blue visit with them yesterday. Sergeant Blue talked to them about being a medic in the Air Force; she loves her job because she really likes to help people, both on deployments and in the clinic on the air force base.
She also talked about the many great opportunities there are for women in the military but, most of all for this Honoring Veterans assembly, she came to talk to students about the freedoms they enjoy every day in this country, made possible by the sacrifices of veterans and serving military personnel.
What do veterans mean to our students? 7th grade student, Konrad, wrote: "In the Gettysburg Address, Lincoln stated that our government should not perish from this earth. These brave souls have made it possible. Even though we may never fully pay them back for this service, we can at least set forth a day honoring them and this is what we have done."
Sonoran Science Academy Davis-Monthan salutes our veterans.
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’