Community Food Bank needs canned vegetable donations | Community Spirit
The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona is asking Tucson residents for a little extra help this holiday season. They are in need of canned food items, vegetables in particular.
With over 30,000 food boxes distributed each month, the Community Food Bank is in need of the following items: soup, tomato products, cereal, canned vegetables, macaroni & cheese, rice, macaroni, pinto beans, peanut butter, canned fruit or juice and canned meat.
Generally around this time of year, their canned vegetable supply gets low, with over 40,000 cans used each month for the food boxes.
Any type of canned vegetables may be donated at the many food drives going on in Tucson during this time of year.
Donations may also be made at the Winterhaven Festival of Lights from December 15 - 29, or at the Community Food Bank (3003 S. Country Club Road) or at drop off sites throughout the city (locations may be found at www.communityfoodbank.com under “Give Food” or by calling (520) 622-0525).
For more information, contact Eric Hitzeman at (520) 882-3281 or email@example.com
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’