Eight-year-old is 'Pilot for a day' at D-M | Community Spirit
A local Tucson girl, Aspen Fritz got her chance to be a ‘Pilot for a Day’, yesterday.
Eight-year-old Aspen, and members of her family, were hosted by the 42nd Electronic Combat Squadron who gave them a tour of the base, with stops at the D-M Fire Department, the A-10 simulator, and an added visit to a C-130 and an HH-60 helicopter display.
The ‘Pilot for a Day’ focuses on children who have serious or chronic conditions. Davis-Monthan invites these children of all ages, military dependants or civilian, to be a guest of the 355th Fighter Wing and one of D-M’s operations squadrons for a full day of activities. In doing so, they strive to give each child a special day and a break from the challenges they may face.
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’