Air Force extends Operation Snowbird public comment period | Environment
The public still has a chance to comment on the draft Environmental Assessment for Operation Snowbird.
The deadline has been extended to October 4, by the U.S. Air Force. This additional 20 day period will allow residents to view the proposal and offer their comments on the National Guard Training Plan 60-1 in support of Operation Snowbird. The comment period began back in July.
A copy of the draft has been placed at the following locations for viewing:
- Quincie-Douglas Library, 1585 East 36th Street, Tucson, 85713;
- Salazar-Ajo Library, 33 West Plaza Street, Ajo, AZ 85621;
- Eckstrom-Columbus Branch Library, 4355 East Calle Aurora, Tucson 85711 (the Eckstrom-Columbus branch has moved to a temporary location which will open to the public on September 24.)
The draft can also be viewed online at http://www.dm.af.mil/library/operationsnowbirdenvironmentalassessment.asp
There is a Spanish translation available at all of the above locations as well.
For further information or questions please contact the 355th Fighter Wing Public Affairs at (520)228-3406
Upcoming Events near Davis-Monthan AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend