TUSD is hosting their Kindergarten Open House week | Events
Tucson Unified School District is hosting its Kindergarten Open House next week, from March 11-15 at all elementary and K-8 schools in the district.
Parents of potential students are encouraged to meet teachers, tour schools and discover how to launch their child's love of learning through FREE all-day kindergarten. Some schools will be hosting Parent Nights to introduce visitors to the unique features of the school and the educational opportunities offered.
Also, special Parent Meetings will be held for families affected by school closure in their neighborhoods so they may learn about their new home school and the available programs.
A full list of schools, schedule of events and activities, enrollment information, registration packet, and transportation eligibility details are available online at www.TUSD1.org/FreeAllDayK
The benefits of early childhood education are numerous. One of the most important is that attending a quality kindergarten increases the probability of a child doing better in school and finishing high school.
Kindergarten provides children the chance to:
• Gain exposure to new ideas and concepts
• Learn social skills by interacting with other children
• Develop self-awareness and respect for others
• Cultivate a love of learning that lasts a lifetime
Additionally, TUSD offers transportation for eligible students. Parents are encouraged to register their child by May 15 to ensure transportation on the first day of school (if the child is eligible for transportation).
As an added bonus hear what some other parents and students are saying about TUSD’s kindergarten programs at www.tusd1.org/FreeAllDayK
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Upcoming Events near Davis-Monthan AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’