Rural/Metro Southern Arizona Operations recognized as ‘Premier Provider’ | Health
Rural/Metro of Southern Arizona has received the highest certification from the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) – Recognized Premier Agency, in their Premier EMS Agency Program (PEAP).
This certification includes the Rural/Metro Ambulance, Rural/Metro Fire Department and Southwest Ambulance. There are four requirements to be certified at this highest level, they are:
1. Documenting agency leadership commitment to PEAP;
2. Developing a Quality Improvement (QI) program;
3. Collecting and submitting electronic EMS patient care reports as an AZ-PIERS agency; and
4. Ensuring data feeds back into the QI program to inform the analysis and improvement of care.
The AZDHS established this quality care improvement initiative to collaborate with EMS agencies in utilizing data to improve patient outcomes for ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), stroke, trauma and out of hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA).
Upcoming Events near Davis-Monthan AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician 3rd Class Jeremy Reitz, Tucson native on board the USS Boxer
- Holiday greeting from Spc. James Devlin
- Pfc. Paul Longale, Tucson native participates in arctic training
- Holiday greeting from Sr. Airman Travis House
- Arizona soldiers, airmen compete in 'Minute to Win It' game