PCSD begins patrols around school zones | News
PIMA COUNTY, AZ (Tucson News Now)- You might see deputies out
at your child's school this morning. The
Pima County Sheriff's Department is kicking off their High Intensity School
Zone enforcement, to help keep kids safe.
Deputies will be out
across the county as a reminder to drivers to slow down.
The main goal behind the
school enforcement is to keep school zones safe for children by reminding
drivers of the actual rules around school zones and school buses.
Deputies will be posted at
school zones in the morning and afternoon, during the busiest times and when
most accidents usually happen.
According to the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration, traffic accidents that involve
pedestrians are most likely to happen from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6
p.m. Nationwide 70,000 pedestrians were
injured from 2010, 14,000 of those injured were 14 years old and younger.
Deputies will be posted
around area schools until April 12.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Davis-Monthan AFB
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician 3rd Class Jeremy Reitz, Tucson native on board the USS Boxer
- Holiday greeting from Spc. James Devlin
- Pfc. Paul Longale, Tucson native participates in arctic training
- Holiday greeting from Sr. Airman Travis House
- Arizona soldiers, airmen compete in 'Minute to Win It' game