TUSD meeting on more possible school closures | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Happening later today, TUSD could decide on several more schools up for closure.
A full house is expected yet again at the District's board meeting tonight, at Catalina High School. There are many students, teachers and community members expected to come out for TUSD's meeting tonight.
Just a week ago, a full house came to plead with the board about their schools.
TUSD decided to start the closure process on eight schools; there will be two public hearings in December on those eight schools, but the fate is still undecided on six schools.
Today the Board meeting could decide how to move forward with them.
The meeting will be held at Catalina Magnet High School, near Palo Verde and Pima Street, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Stay with Tucson News Now for the latest online and on air.
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District