12 PCC students earn Arizona Phi Theta Kappa honors | News
Twelve Pima Community College students have been named to the 2013 All-Arizona Academic teams for Phi Theta Kappa Society.
“These scholars deserve our heartfelt congratulations,” said Dr. Jerry Migler, PCC Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor in a recent news release. “Their academic achievements are a testament to hard work, determination, and to the first-rate instruction provided by our faculty.”
These 12 students will join other community college students from across Arizona that are selected each year, based upon academic achievement, leadership and service to the community.
Eight of the students will be transferring to the University of Arizona, three are transferring to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff and one is transferring to Arizona State University in Phoenix. The honoree’s areas of study vary from Psychology to Computer Information Systems to Sports Management.
All PCC team members will receive scholarships from the College, as well as two-year Arizona Board of Regents tuition waivers for any Arizona public university. All are also eligible for selection to the All-USA Academic Team.
These new All-Arizona selections will be honored this Wednesday, February 20, at the Hilton Phoenix East (1011 W. Holmes Ave., Mesa.).
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society is the largest honor society in higher education with 1,250 chapters on college campuses in all 50 state and other countries. More than two million students have been inducted since its founding in 1918, with approximately 100,000 students inducted annually.
- Geoffrey Armstrong – Mathematics, U of A
- Jessica Carbajal – Psychology, U of A
- Mary Beth Ross – Computer Information Systems Administration, U of A
- Kelly Ruhlman – Cellular and Molecular Biology, U of A
- Eryn Brittaney Wuori – Psychology, ASU
- Dax W. Crocker (2012 PCC Commencement speaker) - Religious Studies, Liberal Arts, U of A
- Gina Mancebo – Sports Management and International Business, U of A
- John Anglin – Social Services-Substance Abuse, U of A
- Leila Camus-Lamnaouar – Liberal Arts, U of A
- Johnna Carrig – Nursing, NAU
- Serena B. Davis – Business Management, NAU
- Maria Elena Moreno – Liberal Arts, NAU
Top Davis-Monthan AFB Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District